Taking Care of Your Health During the Pandemic
medical system takes steps to protect patients and staff
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re all moving forward, especially as we experience many changes in our daily activities and in our society. We want to assure you that Prevea Health and its hospital partners – HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital in Eau Claire and HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital in Chippewa Falls – have taken every step to ensure we can provide you the best care in the safest way possible.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is top priority. When visiting any of our health centers, urgent cares, or hospitals, you will see changes in our daily activities as well. Our physicians and staff are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms; you may also be asked to participate in our screening process by having your temperature taken when you enter our facilities. It will take just a minute or two, and be painless! You’ll also notice that everyone will be wearing a face mask, including staff, medical providers, and other visitors. You will also be asked to wear a mask; if you don’t have one, we will provide you with one.
If you are having a medical or surgical procedure, we’ve implemented new testing guidelines for our patients. All patients having a procedure will be tested for COVID-19 prior to their procedure and will be asked to physically distance from others until the time of the procedure. This measure is being taken to ensure you do not contract COVID-19 prior to your procedure.
We also know how important it is to have your loved ones with you during appointments or scheduled procedures. However, physical distancing is important for everyone’s safety and well-being. We discourage visitors from attending appointments with patients. Please contact your health care provider’s office or the hospital before your appointment or procedure for the most current information about visitor restrictions. If you have physical or other needs that require someone to be with you, your health care team will work with you to plan prior to your appointment.
Our doors are open, and our medical experts are ready to meet all your health care needs, wherever needed – from our health centers and walk-in urgent care, to our operating rooms and emergency departments, and even online. We have multiple way for you to receive medical care:
- Schedule an appointment. In-person, video, and phone options are now available. Call your medical provider’s office or (888) 277-3832 to schedule an appointment.
- Prevea Care After Hours is a 24/7 nurse line. You can contact us at (920) 496-4700 or toll free at (888) 277-3832 to speak to a registered nurse.
- Prevea Virtual Care offers on-demand care to treat many common conditions. No appointment needed. Just visit us at prevea.com/virtualcare from any web-enabled device.
- Prevea Urgent Care is a walk-in clinic, no appointment needed. And you can save your spot online at prevea.com/urgentcare, as well as find all our urgent care locations and hours of operation.
- Find a doctor or schedule an appointment online at prevea.com, available 24/7 from any web-enabled device.
And remember, never forego or delay seeking any type of emergency medical care, even during a public health crisis. First responders and emergency medical experts are ready to care for you, 24/7. Call 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.
Whether it’s in-person, on the telephone or online, we’re here for you and you can count on us to provide the best care in the safest way possible. It’s your health, your happiness. Now … let’s get back to it.
Prevea Health is a community partner of Chippewa Valley Family magazine.